Earlier in my career, I worked in a prosecutor's office, where I tried several cases and experienced what it takes to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. Additionally, as a former prosecutor, I have negotiated thousands of cases, which means that I know how the other side thinks. In both the courtroom and during negotiations, I also learned about how hard it is for defendants to protect themselves and their rights. I draw on that knowledge and experience today when I represent people accused of DUI, drug charges and other crimes.
I received my legal education at Nashville School of Law and attended Vanderbilt University for undergraduate studies. I have fought for the rights of clients throughout Middle Tennessee, including Williamson, Davidson, Hickman, Rutherford and other counties. I feel deeply that every case is different and every client is different, but I have learned about the legal needs of the people of the area and about the strategies and procedures that can help them.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal defense
- DUI defense
- Drug charges
- Domestic assault
- Domestic violence orders of protection
- College student crimes
- Business law needs such as contract review and preparation
- Living wills
- Powers of attorney and health care directives
- Nashville School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- Vanderbilt University (undergraduate studies)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers , Present